Monday, July 23, 2007

widget

Some internal widget

automatic overflow
esoteric unsuspected
ticks away

internal
monitoring ups and downs
highs and low





is there a ratio?
some quota I don't understand?

that the process
- random beyond control -
must have some balance?



Is there a secret waterline?
normality functionality only bearable so long
an unused muscle
easily strained
reaches capacity, some predetermined scope

mettle fatigue gives way to overflow.




Is there a rule?
every twenty-first, thirteenth, eighth hour?
an optimum interval for respite and recovery?

there is no recovery
only absence




overflow trickles into awareness
pulsing
prickling at my eyelids

triggered by nothing at all
emotional cramp seizing out of nowhere




the widget
a trembling compass point
hair trigger fault line



grief like a thirst not to be met by salty tears
nor without



they come again.
simply because.


they're there.
they must be cried
and no one else can do it for me.

4 comments:

Pecos Blue said...

Nice to drop by and see what you are woking on.

Pecos Blue said...

As always what you write hits close to home.

Pecos Blue said...

wow i read this an it touched me everytime. my grandfather died this weekend. I am spent with nothing left. In 4 years I have lost as many family members and I am now beyond crying. take care.

Pecos Blue said...

wow i read this an it touched me everytime. my grandfather died this weekend. I am spent with nothing left. In 4 years I have lost as many family members and I am now beyond crying. take care.

This disease

a bruising trebuchet battering at your fortress attacking from within Insidious  conjured unforseen  unbidden catastrophic sneaking from som...